Safety Protocols in Response to COVID-19
Both New York Dermatology Group and NYDG Integral Health & Wellness are open for dermatology and internal medicine office visits. Please contact us at 212-533-8888 or email@example.com for additional information on available services and physician schedules.
Telemedicine visits will continue to be available if you wish to receive dermatologic or medical care from the comfort of your home. As a reminder, telemedicine visits are the recommended course of action if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath).
During these uncertain times, NYDG understands there are concerns and hesitations about visiting the office for your care. Our office has taken numerous precautions to ensure that staff and patient safety are of the utmost importance. Please see below our updated safety policies in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As states around the country experience increasing community spread, NYDG is following NYS guidance asking travelers to isolate for 14 days to ensure the continued safety of the public. If you have traveled from any of the following states in the last 14 days, please do not come into the office and notify us as soon as possible. Telemedicine options are always available. The states on the list are Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi , Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
Safety Policies for Patients
• Patients will undergo a focused history screening prior to their appointment.
• Patients will be asked to reschedule or book a telemedicine visit if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath).
• We are not seeing patients with signs or active symptoms of COVID-19. All patients are prescreened for symptoms of COVID-19 and directed to the ER if any serious symptoms present.
• In an effort to streamline patient check in with minimal to no contact, patients will be asked to complete paperwork digitally prior to their appointment.
• Patients can call the office pre-arrival to ensure that their physician is ready to see them.
• Patients will undergo temperature checks upon entering the office.
• Patients are required to wear masks.
• Hand sanitizer is available throughout the office for patient use. We encourage hand washing upon arrival.
• We are staggering appointments to limit the number of patients and doctors in the office at any time.
• Patients are taken to their exam room with minimal to no waiting room time.
• Patients must have an appointment. Walk-ins are not allowed.
• Patients will be asked to come to their appointment alone. For patients who require a caretaker, one adult may accompany the patient. Please notify us when booking your appointment.
Safety Policies for Office & Staff
• All staff are working diligently to adhere to the guidelines of the CDC and local health officials to maintain a fully compliant practice.
• All staff will receive COVID-19 testing.
• All staff are screened for symptoms and receive temperature checks daily.
• All staff are required to wear masks and appropriate ppe (including N95 masks and eye protection) in the office and we are implementing strict handwashing protocols.
• All staff have been trained on methods to control and prevent the spread of Coronavirus in a medical practice.
• Exam rooms, exam chairs, surface areas and all equipment will be disinfected before and after each patient.
• We have increased cleaning and disinfection protocols for all physical surfaces and common areas.
• All non-essential items that cannot be disinfected have been removed from waiting areas. Ie. magazines & brochures.